Double Degree

Because we know you strive for excellence and demand more of yourself, we offer you a program that will allow you to obtain a bachelor's degree from UPN and from a foreign university with which we have an institutional cooperation agreement. This is possible because we belong to Laureate, the world's largest university network.

What do I need to obtain a double degree?

You will obtain the double degree according to the terms of the agreement entered into by both universities. For this process you should:

  • Comply with the course structure defined in the course of study of each degree program.
  • Conduct all paperwork processes required for the validation of the courses needed to complete your studies at our university in coordination with the degree program director.
  • Meet all of our graduation requirements.
  • Have a grade point average of 13 or higher for the semester immediately preceding the beginning of the program.
  • Not be considered academically at-risk in the semester of application.
  • Be enrolled in at least 12 credits during the semester of application.  Students who are enrolled in the last credits of their degree program are exempt from this requirement.
  • Settle all debts and documents with the university.
  • Not receive any kind of sanction in the semester of application. Exceptions must be authorized by the Chancellor.

How long will I study abroad?

The time frame will be defined by the foreign university, after their analysis of the related degree program curriculum for a double degree.


The same monthly payments apply for those universities with which we have entered into a double degree agreement, with the exception of Universidad Europea (Spain), which has established a different fee for this program.

Will I have to complete a thesis for both universities?

Yes. You will have to defend your thesis at both the foreign university and your original university.

Will the university support me with the process?

Yes. Our International Office will give you all the advice and support you need for the process. 

In which semester should I start the paperwork?

You should be in the eighth semester of your degree program.

What foreign language proficiency level should I have to apply for a double degree?

You should demonstrate an intermediate level of proficiency in the foreign language. In the case of Brazil, Anhembi Morumbi University does not require fluency in Portuguese, so students with basic knowledge of the language can apply for a double degree and then work on perfecting their skills throughout their stay.