Process by which an accreditation body formally recognizes that a particular degree program meets previously established standards.
Accreditation is a process by which an accreditation body formally recognizes that a particular degree program meets standards previously established by said body in its quality model.
WHY IS ACCREDITATION IMPORTANT?
- Our students, faculty and graduates will increase possibilities for development at a national and international level.
- Our graduates may practice their profession in other countries due to the fact that they have a professional degree officially granted by the university.
- Society can be certain that our university students receive a quality education that will allow them to improve their quality of life and contribute to national development.
- Professional degree programs and the graduates of these programs may obtain incentives and competitive advantages from the Peruvian State.
WHAT STEPS DOES THE ACCREDITATION PROCESS INCLUDE?
It has four stages:
- Initial stage: Includes the initial organizational and proposal activities required to begin the accreditation process.
- Self-Assessment: Includes all the activities designed to evaluate the level of compliance of the degree program with respect to the criteria and standards established by the accreditation body. Directors, staff members, professors, students, graduates, and stakeholders participate in this process by evaluating the degree program using surveys and by forming teams to work on continuous-improvement projects.
- External Evaluation: Includes activities related to the visits of external evaluators, who verify that the statements made by the degree program in its self-assessment report are accurate.
- Accreditation: If all previous steps have been completed satisfactorily, the last step involves the administrative procedures required to obtain the accreditation certificate, which is issued in a public ceremony.
WHICH DEGREE PROGRAMS ARE ACCREDITED?
We currently have two professional degree programs accredited by ICACIT according to the ABET quality model:
- Industrial Engineering in Trujillo
- Computer Systems Engineering in Trujillo
WHICH DEGREE PROGRAMS ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF ACCREDITATION?
We plan to accredit other degree programs with CONEAU (Peruvian accreditation body) at the time each of these programs reaches the point where it complies with the requirement of having graduates with two years’ experience in the market.
To date, we have two groups of degree programs undergoing this process:
- First Group: Administration (Trujillo), Accounting and Finance (Trujillo), Law and Political Science (Trujillo), Law and Political Science (Cajamarca), Industrial Engineering (Cajamarca).
- Second Group: Administration and International Business (Trujillo), Administration and Tourism Services (Trujillo), Administration (Cajamarca), Civil Engineering (Cajamarca), Computer Systems Engineering (Cajamarca).