Facultad de Degree Program Profile
Our training method will allow you to transform lives by building trust-based relationships with your patients, using your knowledge and therapeutic techniques to contribute to the proper functioning of their bodies.
- You will have a comprehensive view of the individual in all his/her dimensions.
- You will build a trust-based relationship with your patients.
- You will be able to launch your own business.
- You will perform physiotherapy diagnoses and prognoses.
- You will prepare, implement and monitor physiotherapy protocols, programs and plans aimed at strengthening, treating and recovering the highest functionalities in individuals, groups and communities with quality and efficiency.
- You will be able to develop health promotion, prevention and recovery programs, including for groups of disabled patients, by managing patient safety through an interdisciplinary approach and by using manual, physical, chemical and technological elements for safe therapeutic actions.
- You will be able to participate in community health programs and primary health care strategies, including educational health programs, in order to achieve healthy lifestyles.
- You will have the ability to conduct research in your professional field and be part of inter and multidisciplinary research teams.
- You will learn about the ethical and legal standards governing your profession.
These are some of the places in which you will be able to practice your profession as a UPN graduate in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation:
- Public health centers (MINSA, ESSALUD, FFAA and PNP, SISOL) and private health centers (clinics) at different levels of care (community medical posts; health centers; municipal, general and specialized hospitals; institutes).
- Rehabilitation centers.
- Alternative therapy centers: chiropractic, acupuncture, relaxation techniques, acupressure (finger pressure), foot reflexology.
- Educational institutions.
- Aesthetic medical centers and plastic surgery clinics (lymphatic drainage and aesthetic physiotherapy).
- Language and speech therapy centers.
- Gyms and sports clubs (sports physiotherapy).
- Geriatric care centers.
- Companies and workplaces (occupational physical therapy and ergonomics).